Hi - Allie, am I missing your map? Maggie was at her celebration with Pres. Simon today, but if/when you see her, please remind her to post as well.
Emily, I think your choice of the two literacies, emotional and social is a really interesting choice. I'm thinking that if some children are not strong in the emotional litearcy area, using technology for social literacy might help them feel more connected, but at the same time maybe it can sometimes be a problem. For example, there have been some awful stories of how some children say very mean and ugly things to other young people on cell phones or on face book. Did you read anything about such problems? It is another case where, technology can help or hinder I suppose.
Hi - Allie, am I missing your map? Maggie was at her celebration with Pres. Simon today, but if/when you see her, please remind her to post as well.
ReplyDeleteEmily, I think your choice of the two literacies, emotional and social is a really interesting choice. I'm thinking that if some children are not strong in the emotional litearcy area, using technology for social literacy might help them feel more connected, but at the same time maybe it can sometimes be a problem. For example, there have been some awful stories of how some children say very mean and ugly things to other young people on cell phones or on face book. Did you read anything about such problems? It is another case where, technology can help or hinder I suppose.
Sorry! I did not realize we had to post these here!
ReplyDeleteThis is a link to my exploration of cultural and political literacies.
http://www.scribd.com/full/49620913?access_key=key-4ekxxygmvigrwhgix5j